At Holy Cross, our academic mission is to cultivate a challenging learning environment grounded in Christian values and Catholic traditions that empowers our students to engage in a lifetime of learning; service and citizenship; challenges them to become leaders in our global society; and encourages them to share the message of God.
Holy Cross School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Virginia Catholic Education Association (VCEA) and the Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (CASA). Every teacher adheres to the requirements of the Virginia Department of Education in addition to the Diocese of Richmond certification requirements.
Why Holy Cross School?
- Our curriculum based pre-kindergarten program has been awarded 4-stars through the distinguished Virginia Star Quality Initiative. We are the only school program in Lynchburg that boasts this star rating.
- Small class sizes allow for individualized attention by our faculty.
- 100% of the graduating class is accepted into a college or university…year after year!
- We’re the home of “Writing to Be Read”, a one-of-a-kind cross curriculum writing program in
grades 2 through 12.
- Our learning is complemented through the arts – band, chorus, theater, orchestra.
- Our standardized tests scores from CTBS Terra-Nova are very impressive and consistently above average. Holy Cross students score in the top percentile in all areas (reading, language, math, science and social studies) at every grade tested (1, 3, 5, 7 and 9).
- Extracurricular and athletic opportunities for all of our students.
- We offer dual enrollment opportunities through Lynchburg College and Central Virginia Community College. Many Holy Cross seniors graduate with enough credits to enter college as second semester freshmen
- We offer advanced placement courses in History, Government, Math and English.
- Experiential education is a part of our curriculum! Our school community is involved in many service projects and assistance campaigns culminating thousands of hours of volunteer time.
- Our students consistently honored in the local and regional Young Authors competition. Historically, over 50% of the regional winners from the Lynchburg area are from Holy Cross School.
- Our rigorous and thought-provoking curriculum is complemented through hands-on learning.