Holy Cross Catholic School has been a vibrant part of the Lynchburg community since 1879! Rich in history, tradition and academic excellence, we are a thriving student-centered community devoted to teaching students to think critically and wisely, instilling heartfelt joy in learning while encouraging lives of character and leadership. At Holy Cross, our students experience a spiritual and educational journey that begins in pre-kindergarten and evolves through their senior year.
Why Catholic Education?
As provided by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, Office of Catholic Education
- Top 10% in the nation on standardized test scores.
- 9% above national average on SAT scores.
- 99% high school graduation rate. (Holy Cross has 100% graduation rate!)
- 100% graduation acceptance rate for those who apply to accredited institutions.
- 99% of graduates attend post-secondary schools. (100% of Holy Cross students attend post-secondary schools!)
- $22,413,958 in scholarships were awarded to 428 members of the graduating Class of 2013.
- Established the McMahon Parater Foundation for Education in 2008, with the vision to secure and enhance the future of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Richmond.
- Catholic school students were awarded over $2.0 million in needs based scholarships for the 2013-14 school year of which, $809,745 was provided by the McMahon Parater Foundation and $1,268,348 was realized through the Parish Sharing Program.
- Active outreach to minority families through the Segura Educational Initiative for Children.
- All Diocesan schools are accredited by the Southern Association of Schools (SACS) and the Virginia Catholic Education Association (VCEA).
- All teachers are state certified.
- Wide range of athletic programs, advance placement, and extra-curricular activities.
- Small class size allows for individual attention.
- Christ-centered curriculum informed by faith, morality, character development, and service to community.
- Welcoming all faiths.
The best way to experience Holy Cross is to visit our campus. To schedule your tour, please contact Mary Sherry, Principal, at email@example.com.